Re: Firing up latest zsh with latest cygwin OOPS!

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004, Andrew Markebo wrote:

> Been messing around with my .zshell initfiles I have noticed that it
> is my configuration of history file that makes it hang.
>
> setopt HISTIGNOREDUPS HISTIGNORESPACE EXTENDED_HISTORY
> setopt INC_APPEND_HISTORY SHARE_HISTORY
> HISTSIZE=200
> SAVEHIST=200
> HISTFILE=~/.history
>
> Commenting out HISTFILE the shell starts. This works for an old
> 4.0.7 version of zsh

Commenting out HISTFILE means no history will be written.  Are there any
special permissions/ownership on ~/.history ?  Is this file being used
by, say, bash or some other file at the same time?  Might could be a
locking issue, but it's strange that it just now is occuring.  Try
changing the name of HISTFILE to something else, like ~/.zhistory and see
if it still hangs.

--
Peter A. Castro <doctor@fruitbat.org> or <Peter.Castro@oracle.com>