Suggestion to avoid cywin and X/xorg related installation problems like setup eating up all memory at ~93% progress and crashing with runtime errors like the "application requested to be terminated in an unusual way"

Hi,

On a freshly installed windows xp pro sp2 machine the latest cygwin setup crashes while installing
the X packages during a full install (more precisely it fails while running the xorg-devel sh
script)

After painfully combing through the mailing list I found the recommended solution was to install
everything except X and then run setup again to install just X.

Since most people are going to be doing a full install why not put the above problem as a Caution
note on the main setup page? It would save a lot of people a lot of problems.

Also the latest release of Perl version 5.8.5 is broken on cygwin. The Win32 modules do not work
(possibly because they don't compile). Please use Perl version 5.8.2 which is the previous
version.

Thanks,
~Emmanuel