Re: Piping output from sqlplus

Bakken, Luke wrote:
Why would ksh behave differently under Cygwin than under Solaris?

cygwin ksh is pdksh. The specific set of code you gave does not work in
pdksh. Read about it here:
http://web.cs.mun.ca/~michael/pdksh/

"Its weak points are that there are still a few differences from ksh88
(the major one is that `echo hi | read x' does not set x in the current
shell - the read is done in a separate process). See the NOTES file in
the distribution for more details."

You can get a Cygwin ksh from www.kornshell.com

This is working just perfectly thanks. I would like to note (for the archives) that this ksh does not support the -l option. If you want to use it for a login shell so that it runs /etc/profile and $HOME/.profile automatically, make a copy of it named -ksh and run that from your windows batch file. I tried just creating a symlink named -ksh first, but Windows didn't like it.