This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: "od" wrong line endings and byte count
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2005 16:54:16 -0800
- Subject: Re: "od" wrong line endings and byte count
- Organization: My own little world...
- References: <md5:5FC86913D0A32217499034D891768D2B>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
"Gary R. Van Sickle" wrote:
> > > I think that this is a regression of "od", though. It
> > probably should
> > > use binmode by default.
> > I would tend to agree, but how would you change this default
> > if desired?
> ? By one of the two ways God intended when he gave Moses POSIX:
> 1. O_BINARY
> 2. "rb"
(3. link with binmode.o)
'od' should probably be using #1 or #2 already though, if not that's
easy enough to fix I'd think.
The poster also had a qustion about the 'expand' utility writing
NL-terminated files, when the mount was textmode. That sounded like a
bug to me also, but I don't really know how the rules for text mounts
are supposed to work on writes, or how 'expand' calls open().
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html