This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: "od" wrong line endings and byte count
- From: Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes <sthoenna at efn dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 17:20:57 -0800
- Subject: Re: "od" wrong line endings and byte count
- Organization: bs"d
- References: <41D897B8.E802CA0B@dessent.net>
On Sun, Jan 02, 2005 at 04:54:16PM -0800, Brian Dessent <email@example.com> wrote:
> "Gary R. Van Sickle" wrote:
> > > > I think that this is a regression of "od", though. It
> > > probably should
> > > > use binmode by default.
> > >
> > > I would tend to agree, but how would you change this default
> > > if desired?
> > >
> > ? By one of the two ways God intended when he gave Moses POSIX:
> > 1. O_BINARY
> > 2. "rb"
> (3. link with binmode.o)
Wouldn't binmode.o change it to not output crlf to text mounts?
Probably wouldn't be a good choice.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html