This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: "od" wrong line endings and byte count
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2005 17:28:35 -0800
- Subject: Re: "od" wrong line endings and byte count
- Organization: My own little world...
- References: <41D897B8.E802CA0B@dessent.net> <20050103012057.GB444@efn.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes wrote:
> > > ? By one of the two ways God intended when he gave Moses POSIX:
> > >
> > > 1. O_BINARY
> > > 2. "rb"
> > (3. link with binmode.o)
> Wouldn't binmode.o change it to not output crlf to text mounts?
> Probably wouldn't be a good choice.
I thought we were talking about 'od' here where presumably you always
want to open files for reading in binary mode? (And as far as I know od
doesn't write anything, redirection aside...)
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html