RE: Why is cygwin cvs client so slow?

Wow!  You're not kidding - cygwin cvs performance is comparable to
native performance on local drives.

I'm obviously going to look through the archives to see previous
discussions of network drive performance.  In the meantime, do you know
if the problem is one that just lacked someone willing to work on it, or
if it is something intractable that would be difficult to fix?  I just
can't imagine what the cygwin dll is doing to treat local drives so
differently.

# I'm on a locale drive now.
$ pwd
/cygdrive/c/tmp/src/wl

# cygwin cvs is plenty fast on local drives
$ time cvs-cygwin.exe update -d locale
real    0m55.282s
user    0m5.749s
sys     0m42.937s