RE: Obscene Content Tiebreaker

William R. Knox:

> Has anyone who is concerned about this read some of the,
> shall we say, less than pure comments that developers will on
> occasion put into comments in their code?

I once submitted a patch to Setup that contained a comment to the effect of:

"...and people in Hell want icewater"

The comment was rejected on the grounds that it might offend someone.  While
to this day I can't imagine how that could get anybody's panties in a bind,
it was a legitimate concern and a legitimate rejection.

> If you don't like the fortunes, don't install them. Now, can
> we please drop this? PLEASE?

Why?  If you don't like these posts, don't read them.

--
Gary R. Van Sickle