This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin installation problem
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gerrit at familiehaase dot de>
- To: Herbert Eppel <HE_listaddress at gmx dot net>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 18:55:59 +0100
- Subject: Re: Cygwin installation problem
- References: <41DEA178.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Herbert Eppel wrote:
I removed the burnatonce software and tried to reinstall Cygwin, but
after 90% I get the same problem, i.e. I first get a warning message
This is no prblem and no error, just follow the hint displayed.
immediately followed by an error message (see
which CygwinSetup.exe crashes.
The package database is written to /etc/setup, do you have permisson on
I have to admit that I didn't actually uninstall the previous failed
installation of Cygwin as recommended by Larry Hall (with link to
http://cygwin.com/faq/faq_toc.html#TOC19). Presumably that's what I have
to actually do befor the installation can complete successfully?
Is there anything else I should be aware of at this stage?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html