This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Problems with localization
- From: Eugene Kotlyarov <ekot at narod dot ru>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 21:48:37 +0300
- Subject: Problems with localization
- Organization: home
- Reply-to: ekot at narod dot ru
I want to see localized messages from cygwin programs.
I've set environment variables LANG=ru_RU.CP1251 and OUTPUT_CHARSET=CP1251.
While most programs work with such settings some of them do not, namely grep
and programs from binutils package. They understand language part of LANG
variable, but don't understand charset.
Could this be fixed?
grep can be fixed by recompiling with newer version of libintl, but I don't
know about binutils.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html