This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: SSH client hang running uncompressed tar on various servers
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 13:40:23 +0100
- Subject: Re: SSH client hang running uncompressed tar on various servers
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Jan 10 22:09, Brett Porter wrote:
> I'm having a problem with my SSH client hanging executing a remote
> command extracting an uncompressed tar. This occurs on different
> servers (FreeBSD, localhost Cygwin SSHD, RHL9), though they are all
> SSH2 and I've using the same private DSA key.
> Given this, it isn't the tar executable (though I turned off my virus
> scanner just in case). I know this has worked in the past, though I'm
> not sure at what point it may have stopped. It happens on both my
> machines, and I've had reports from other cygwin users using Maven.
How big is the tar archive? What exact command did you use? Does it
*always* fail? Is it possible to send the tar file (in PM) or does it
contain confidential data?
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader mailto:email@example.com
Red Hat, Inc.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html