This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Repeated installation of gcc-testsuite and setup .src files
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: fergus at bonhard dot uklinux dot net
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 11:41:13 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: Repeated installation of gcc-testsuite and setup .src files
- References: <abc85e11da7fbaca65fe1a04b9623e49@NO-ID-FOUND.mhonarc.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mon, 10 Jan 2005, fergus wrote:
> Even when a Cygwin installation is complete and up-to-date, a visit to the
> Cygwin setup site to request "All" available updates repeatedly offers the
> source files
> I think I understand that the reason for the repeated offering is
> "consistency with other Unix behaviours" which is just fine. (One can always
> say No.)
> However: in the case of setup, should we not now be offered
> (or similar)? And secondly I do not really understand why what actually
> comes down the pipeline for gcc-testsuite is
> (though there may be a good reason for this, too).
setup doesn't keep track of installed source packages. Since both setup-
and gcc-testsuite- are source-only, setup doesn't keep track of them.
|\ _,,,---,,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ email@example.com
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"The Sun will pass between the Earth and the Moon tonight for a total
Lunar eclipse..." -- WCBS Radio Newsbrief, Oct 27 2004, 12:01 pm EDT
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html