This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: mkpasswd -ld: The user name could not be found.
- From: "Pierre A. Humblet" <pierre dot humblet at ieee dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 10:12:03 -0500
- Subject: Re: mkpasswd -ld: The user name could not be found.
- References: <41E3CEE5.email@example.com>
On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 02:04:37PM +0100, Harald Dunkel wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
> Hi folks,
> Currently I am trying to create a valid /etc/passwd
> using 'mkpasswd -ld >/etc/passwd'. But it dies with
> The user name could not be found.
> Of course without telling me _which_ user it could
> not find. Poor design :-(. Any idea how this can be
Are you sure it died? Is /etc/passwd empty?
Out of curiosity, does mkpasswd -lds also fail?
(even if it doesn't, the passwd file is pretty useless
because won't have the sids)
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html