This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cannot access $HOME (on Samba) via ssh
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Harald Dunkel <harald at CoWare dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 12:21:56 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: cannot access $HOME (on Samba) via ssh
- References: <41E405E4.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Tue, 11 Jan 2005, Harald Dunkel wrote:
> Hi folks,
> I've got a Win2k PC running in VMware for Linux. PDC
> is a Linux PC running Samba 3.0.10. On the VMware window
> I can login in Win2k as expected. My Unix $HOME is
> accessable, Bash works, perfect.
> But if I try to login via ssh from another machine,
> then I get an error message saying
> You are successfully logged in to this server!!!
> Could not chdir to home directory //bierfass/dunkel: Permission denied
> "bierfass" is the Samba server for my $HOME (and the
> PDC). "//bierfass/dunkel" would be my home directory.
> Any idea? Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"The Sun will pass between the Earth and the Moon tonight for a total
Lunar eclipse..." -- WCBS Radio Newsbrief, Oct 27 2004, 12:01 pm EDT
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html