This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Installing cygwin on Win XP Pro for multiple users
- From: Larry Hall <lh-no-personal-replies-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: "Crescioli, Phil" <Phil dot Crescioli at gd-ais dot com>, <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 11:54:13 -0500
- Subject: Re: Installing cygwin on Win XP Pro for multiple users
- References: <9A48EF7239039B48834A3F6B644B0C715B4ACF@vaff06-mail01.ad.gd-ais.com>
- Reply-to: Cygwin List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
At 10:16 AM 1/12/2005, you wrote:
>I have browsed the cygwin documentation, FAQ, and news group
>emails and still have some general questions.
>We have installed cygwin and checked the option to install for
>"multiple users". Does cygwin support multiple users on win XP Pro?
>Is there any documentation or FYI's anyone can pass on with respect
>to anything I should know about multiple users on a winXP box
>using the same cygwin install?
There's no document detailing any usage differences from Linux/UNIX, no.
A couple of things I can think of that are worth noting is that Cygwin is
not a secure environment, which has more bearing in a multi-user environment,
and 'su' doesn't work (use 'ssh' instead).
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html