This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: vim problem (win xp): Cygwin seems unable to move the input cursor to arbitrary positions.
- From: Larry Hall <lh-no-personal-replies-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 12:01:14 -0500
- Subject: Re: vim problem (win xp): Cygwin seems unable to move the input cursor to arbitrary positions.
- References: <OBEKIHLKGDBIGLMJPHOJGENOCAAA.email@example.com> <41E4C211.2A02AA4B@dessent.net>
- Reply-to: Cygwin List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
At 01:22 AM 1/12/2005, you wrote:
>> the solution to my little problem is this:
>> :set term=cygwin
>> which used to be initially set to 'nutc' (term=nutc).
>> that was all. wonder what had changed that.
>That would be Rational Rose I believe. If you have that installed it
>seems to set $TERM to nutc, which makes some cygwin curses apps fail in
I've heard rumors that it also sets some other conflicting environment
variables, like HOME I think. You might want to review your environment
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html