Re: rsh can't access the net work drive

Thanks for your suggestion.

However, the problem seems to be the permission from rsh. I try the commmand on cygwin window without problem...

> ls //epic/devspace-cm

But if I run the command through remote shell. I got the access problem...

> rsh deckard 'ls //epic/devspace-cm'
ls: //epic/devspace-cm: No such file or directory

It seems to me that when you run remote shell, you lose some permission as you running directly from cygwin window.

Any idea???

Thanks,
EDDIE

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
On Fri, 14 Jan 2005, Eddie Chan wrote:

Hi,

I have set up cygwin to be able to remote shell to it. In cygwin, I was
able to do

ls "\\\\epic\\devspace-cm\\scripts"

FYI, you can use forward slashes too, i.e., the following will work:

ls //epic/devspace-cm/scripts

(so no need to double the backslashes, or to quote).  BTW, quotes don't do
anything in this particular case anyway, as the only thing you need to
protect are the backslashes, which aren't protected by double quotes.

epic is the network file system.

But whe I try to run the same command remotely, it failed to access the
network share. Any idea how to fix it?

rsh deckard 'ls "\\\\epic\\devspace-cm"'

ls: \\epic\devspace-cm: No such file or directory

It seems that rsh to cygwin didn't have the same privilege as execute
locally.
Any response is appreciated!

It doesn't.  See the second paragraph of
<http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#ntsec-switch>.
	Igor
P.S. This was wa-ay too on-topic for the cygwin-talk list.  Please
restrict this thread to the main Cygwin list.