This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Can "DLL's" & libraries be marked as non-executable?
- From: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>
- To: "linda w" <cygwin at tlinx dot org>, <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 08:06:12 -0000
- Subject: Re: Can "DLL's" & libraries be marked as non-executable?
- References: <41E9D722.firstname.lastname@example.org>
linda w wrote:
Is there some reason cygwin needs to return DLL's as executables, as the
underlying OS doesn't require it (having no 'executable bit').
Wrong, actually the underlying OS *does* require it. It may not have mode
bits, but it does have ACLs.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html