This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: odd behavior of symlinks on Win XP SP2
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 12:12:26 -0500
- Subject: Re: odd behavior of symlinks on Win XP SP2
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <200501171625.j0HGPQM13040@networking.Stanford.EDU>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 08:25:26AM -0800, Jeff.Hodges@KingsMountain.com wrote:
>> I'm glad that you're talking about "us" as a group. Anybody interested
>> in tracking that down?
>I'm not in a position to hack code on this unfortunately, but I can offer to
>I suspect it's important in the longer term to track this down because they
>(MSFT) ~could~ make further changes down the road that break cygwin-created
>symlinks altogether (from the windoze perspective), which'd more than just
No, Microsoft is not going to break things so that cygwin's symlinks no
longer operate. Cygwin understands its own version of symlinks very well.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html