This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: How do I get older cygwin version 1.5.5?
- From: Lapo Luchini <lapo at lapo dot it>
- To: Mailing List: CygWin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 14:24:26 +0100
- Subject: Re: How do I get older cygwin version 1.5.5?
- References: <41536B8D000F8496@ims3c.cp.tin.it>
Shortest anwer is: you don't.
A longer one is: hope to find some friend that never upgraded since
1.5.5 and hope he didn't delete the downloaded packages.
The most correct one, though, is probably: you should compile the DLL
itself (probably taken from the CVS..?) and re-compile also all the
needed packages from sources (you can use the latest version of each
package probably, but must compile it with the correct DLL as changes
are usually backward-compatible but not forward-compatibile).
Of course "avoiding" to need an old version is the fastest way, and also
the only way to get a system with no known bugs...
email@example.com (PGP & X.509 keys available)
http://www.lapo.it (ICQ UIN: 529796)
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html