This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Technical support
- From: "David Dindorp" <ddi at dubex dot dk>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: "Cynthia Martinez Cisneros" <cynthia dot cmc at gmail dot com>
- Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 18:20:22 +0100
- Subject: Re: Technical support
From what I've seen, it's a very clean install, also easily removable.
It might mess up existing applications which use cygwin though.
To see if you've got any such you could try and scan your harddrive for
"cygwin1.dll", or check the registry for the existance of these keys:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Cygnus Solutions and
If none of the above exists, it should definately be safe.
Cynthia Martinez Cisneros wrote:
> Hello, my name is Cynthia and I'd like to know if installing cygwin is
> gonna cause any trouble to my pc, my system is WindowsXp. I need
> cygwin in order to install ASITIC, could you help me?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html