This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin bash shell window can't open
- From: Larry Hall <lh-no-personal-replies-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: Yu Sun <yusun9_99 at yahoo dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 16:15:48 -0500
- Subject: Re: cygwin bash shell window can't open
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Cygwin List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
At 04:04 PM 1/20/2005, you wrote:
>Hi, cygwin users,
>I downloaded and installed cygwin in my window xp machine. When click
>Cygwin icon on the desktop, Cygwin window opened but in less than 1
>second, it closed automatically.
>I have installed Cygwin in other machine before. No such problems.
>Can anyone help me to solve this problem?
More than likely, this is a path problem. However, to find out what
cygwin.bat is complaining about, open a DOS prompt and type in the full
path and name to cygwin.bat, i.e.:
Take a look at the complaints you get back from this. That should point
you at the problem. If you can't figure it out from there, see if you
can run 'c:\cygwin\bin\cygcheck -srv' (assuming you installed in 'c:\cygwin')
and *attach* that to any follow-up correspondence you have with the list.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html