This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin bughunt (FAQ alert?)
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: "'cygwin at cygwin dot com'" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 13:15:53 +0100
- Subject: Re: cygwin bughunt (FAQ alert?)
- References: <D9B1ABFA3404D611AC7B00508B63B512024F106E@nnhml1.cox.co.uk>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Jan 21 11:18, Hughes, Bill wrote:
> I don't think I'm putting this very well, but it may make the FAQ easier if
> the standard advice is to load the snaphot and use that for debugging, it
> removes a separate layer of potential problems in building the dll. I
> suspect the people who would want a stripped snapshot to be more capable of
> producing it than those would may need to build one with debug info.
IMHO you're looking from the wrong direction. People capable of debugging
the Cygwin DLL are usually also capable of building it. I'm wondering
how somebody should be able to debug an application at all, if this person
stumbles over using the compiler tools.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Hat, Inc.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html