This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin bughunt (more FAQ stuff)
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 11:31:28 -0500
- Subject: Re: cygwin bughunt (more FAQ stuff)
- References: <79F81D5F4790D344B05F489CE2AC8AB7109577@dubexdc03.dubex.net>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 10:47:20AM +0100, David Dindorp wrote:
>Joshua Daniel Franklin wrote:
>> Well, how about this then:
>Here's my shot at what would've helped me a lot when I initially faced
>problems. Of course providing as much info as below will only leave
>you with more newbies crying 'cygwin_split_path() : 0x61073e06' or such.
I don't think the cygwin FAQ should tell people how to debug.
My intent for the FAQ was only to mention that normal cygwin DLLs do not
contain enough information for a backtrace to be useful.
I do not want to imply that we will help people debug either the cygwin DLL
or their applications in gdb. I was just hoping to provide some clarification
to people who already know about gdb but do not know that the cygwin DLL
Joshua, do you think you could rejigger the entry to just say something like
the above? It doesn't have to be a long entry and it doesn't have to
try to help people run the debugger.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html