Re: Sharing zsh history in cygwin.

Andrew Markebo <andrew.markebo@comhem.se> writes:

> Anyone managed to share command line history between running zsh's in
> latest cygwin's?

I don't use SHARE_HISTORY (just inc_append_history,
hist_ignore_all_dups, hist_no_store and my history sizes are 100
times larger than yours), but...

> setopt HISTIGNOREDUPS HISTIGNORESPACE EXTENDED_HISTORY
> setopt INC_APPEND_HISTORY SHARE_HISTORY
> HISTSIZE=300
> SAVEHIST=300
> HISTFILE=~/.history
>
> The last line, HISTFILE, freezes the cygwin-distributed zsh
> (4.2.0) just after reading the config-files. Removing just that line

...after some cygwin update (a few months ago) my zshs also started
freezing during startup.  I tracked the problem down to HISTFILE
being assigned a file that resides on a network drive (a Linux
samba share in this case, I didn't try anything else).  If I
changed my history file to reside on a local hard drive, zsh no
longer froze.  Is your home directory on a local drive?

--
Hannu