This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup.hint coreutils editing (was: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: coreutils-5.2.1-3)
- From: Steve Munson <stevebm at sprynet dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 21:18:18 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
- Subject: Re: setup.hint coreutils editing (was: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: coreutils-5.2.1-3)
- Reply-to: Steve Munson <stevebm at sprynet dot com>
On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 17:45:07 -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> Yes, good point. I've swept through the setup.hints, changed all of the
> fileutils|sh-utils|textutils to 'coreutils', and removed duplicates.
> AFAICT, my list coincided with yours so everything should be up-to-date
Actually, tetex-bin still lists fileutils, sh-utils, and textutils in
its "requires:" line, at least on mirrors.rcn.net and sigunix.cwru.edu.
I was wondering why setup.exe still wanted to install the removed
packages, and then I found this old thread about it.
I like the fact that the empty packages in ZZZRemovedPackages install
nothing of their own and install coreutils instead, but I understand
why others consider it unnerving that setup.exe seems to want to
reinstall packages that have been removed.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html