This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Moving to the Desktop
- From: Chad J McQuinn <huskerchad at insightbb dot com>
- To: fergus at bonhard dot uklinux dot net
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 05:25:49 -0500
- Subject: Re: Moving to the Desktop
What I'm actually after is something likeI think it will work with
~> cd `cygpath -D`
cd "`cygpath -D`"
That's backticks inside double quotes. Windows makes it easier since (I
think) quotes are not allowed in filenames. Beyond that, I think a quick
and dirty procedure is to backslash anything that isn't alphanumeric; if
it's special, it gets escaped, and if it's not special, then backslash
doesn't hurt anything.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html