This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: is there a (cygwin?) method delivering the current version of windows?
- From: Chris Herborth <cherborth at qnx dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 13:10:58 -0500
- Subject: Re: is there a (cygwin?) method delivering the current version of windows?
- Organization: QNX Software Systems Ltd.
- References: <41F4B046.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cherborth at qnx dot com
H. Henning Schmidt wrote:
I am looking for a method available to my cygwin'ed C-program that
delivers the current version of windows that my program is running on.
E.g. "WinXp, SP1", or "Win98 ..." (... you get the idea ...) either in
textual or numerically encoded form.
Any hint is appreciated. Thanks,
You could probably dig it out of the registry, but 'uname -s' will give
you something useful. On my XP Pro system, I get CYGWIN_NT-5.1 (XP is
"Windows NT 5.1"), for example.
Chris Herborth (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Never send a monster to do the work of an evil scientist.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html