This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: GCC linking problem
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 16:10:26 -0800
- Subject: Re: GCC linking problem
- Organization: My own little world...
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
> I have just installed cygwin along with make,crypt, libcrypt, openssh,
> openssl-devel and gcc. When compiling code that is known to work with
> cygwin, the linker says it cannot find -lssh. I have googled to the
> end of the results for 2 days now, and any help would be much
> appreciated. Here is the kind of error i get anytime a make attempts
> to do gcc -lssh, or if i run "gcc -lssh" alone.
> cannot find -lssh
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
There's no such thing as "libssh". The two libraries that comprise
OpenSSL are libssl and libcrypto.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html