Re: Problem uninstalling/deleting cygwin

On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 01:09:26PM -0800, Peter A. Castro wrote:
>I guess, part of the professionalism of a product, is to provide as much
>meaningful information as possible, but also to account for the "cock-pit
>errors" that commonly occur and give warnings concerning them.

The adjective "meaningful" is a highly subjective one.  Let's not go
there.

>It's often a helpful reminder for the newbie as well as the seasoned
>user that "shift happens".

I don't know who's supposed to be reminding these people of that but
just so we don't wander into off-topic territory discussing what
"professionalism" means and having everyone relate their "27 years of
documentating so I know what I'm talking about", let me just say that I,
as one of the Cygwin project managers, agree with Joshua's philosophy
and don't want to see it change.

(I feel that I have to keep a closer reign on this type of discussion
since apparently I've been doing a poor job and letting all sorts of
off-topic crap go on for far too long.)

So, let's just let Joshua handle things the way he wants to and not have
a discussion about whether we need to flesh out the documentation with
concepts like managing multiple versions of software or reverting to
older versions.

cgf
(who has more than 27 years of meaningful documentation writing
experience)