This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: pthreads leaks handles and threads when threads use sockets
- From: "Mark Pizzolato" <list-cygwin at subscriptions dot pizzolato dot net>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 13:15:45 -0800
- Subject: Re: pthreads leaks handles and threads when threads use sockets
- References: <20050129203607.GA21386@trixie.casa.cgf.cx>
On Saturday, January 29, 2005 at 12:36 PM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 09:09:31AM -0800, Mark Pizzolato wrote:
>I've been using clamav's clamd under cygwin and noticed that over time
>handle count as viewed with TaskManager seems to grow to arbitrary
This should be fixed in the latest snapshot. Corinna tracked this down to
the offending line of code and I made a change which should fix the
Thanks for the test case. It helped a lot in tracking this problem down.
Thanks for the fix to the handle leakage. It works for me cleanly now.
Any clue as to why there seems to be some bounded thread leakage (i.e. extra
threads are created and persist for each thread in the test case which uses
sockets concurrently)? Bounded leakage we can llive with, but I'm still
- Mark Pizzolato
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html