This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Hyperthreading problem: remote access
- From: Larry Hall <lh-no-personal-replies-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: Joris van der Sande <info at pulserate dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 19:51:45 -0500
- Subject: Re: Hyperthreading problem: remote access
- References: <41FD7F9D.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Cygwin List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
At 07:45 PM 1/30/2005, you wrote:
>The hyperthreading problem reproduces perfectly on my Hush ATX 2.8 GHz P4 (www.hush-pc.com): building my application fails consistent (within 1 minute) with hyperthreading enabled.
>Since my machine is on-line 24/7, would it help if I gave Christopher (or another motivated developer) remote access (via ssh/vnc/x or whatever)?
Chris has already answered that question earlier in the discussion. He
needs physical access to the machine to resolve this problem. Remote
access isn't enough.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html