RE: rsh command gives: "rlogin: read: Operation not permitted"

At 04:29 AM 2/11/2005, you wrote:

>>CYGWIN_NT-5.0 1.5.5(0.94/3/2) (g1gpv0j) (tty0)
>
>               ^^^^^^
>This says you're using using Cygwin DLL version 1.5.5.  The current version
>is 1.5.12.  Please upgrade and try again.
>
>This is the login prompt of my laptop I try to connect to and not the version of client PC a try to connect from.

OK, I stand corrected.

>On the PC from where I try to connect I tried with installing the new 2.457.2.1 version and installing the older 2.416 version.

Again, these are 'setup.exe' version numbers.  They relate to the version of
'setup.exe' you're running.  They don't say anything about the version of
Cygwin packages you have installed.

>When I connect from my laptop to the AIX machine it works OK.
>When I copy the complete cygwin directory from my laptop to the desktop I also get the "rlogin: read: Operation not permitted".
>So the problem must be the desktop.
>Maybe it is something with permissions on the desktop ??

Maybe.  But no one here is going to be able to attempt to help with the
information you've provided so far.  Please follow the guidelines given
at <http://cygwin.com/problems.html> with any subsequent posting to the
list about this issue.

Holliston, MA 01746