RE: Trouble with NFS

> I attempted to get NFS working following the directions in the Cygwin
> documentation.  When I tried to start portmap (cygrunsrv -S
> portmap), I got:
>
>   cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus:
> Win32 error 1053:
>   The service did not respond to the start or control request
> in a timely fashion.

Will,

  You want to start portmap with the '-F' flag - take a look
at the /bin/nfs-server-config script for an example.  If you
can back out your changes (uninstall portmap, etc. as services)
and run the nfs-server-config script, that should put you in
a working state (or at least, closer to a working state...)

-Samrobb