Re: Does cygwin support xim?

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005, Duong Duong wrote:

> I have ported a Vietnamese keyboard application from
> linux to cygwin, but it can't run as I want. When it
> ran, it warned that " Cannot load either en_US.UTF-8
> or vi_VN.UTF-8 lo. To use this program you must have
> one of these locales installed". Despite it ran but it
> didn't have any effect on keyboard.
>
> I want to ask you that "Is cygwin/x support xim?".

I don't know. XIM should be compiled in but I know of no XIM server
available for cygwin. Maybe the japanese users may shed some light
on this.

> The second, could you tell me something about "locale
> support" in cygwin?

I'm not sure but the last statements I heard told there are only
very few locales supported in cygwin.

Maybe you should try using the X11 locale support in the application.
Use -DX_LOCALE when compiling and see /usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xlocale.h

bye
	ago
--
 Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de