Re: Netscape or Mozilla binaries for Cygwin?

Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

>Michael Yanowitz wrote:
>

>>Hello:
>>
>>   I was just wondering if there are any binaries for
>>Netscape or Mozilla for Cygwin?
>>

>I was able to copile Mozilla.  The embedded browser works so far,
>however Mozilla itself was not working as expected.  I'll announce
>if I get it working.
>
>Gerrit

I've also been looking for a way to run Netscape or Mozilla under Win98
Cygwin (under XWin with graphics), but I haven't found one yet.  What I
*have* found is that (a) Gerrit  can compile anything (way to go,
Gerrit!) and (b) if you compile Dillo 0.73 with Cygwin GCC, it will run
under XWin (with graphics). The reason for retrograding to Dillo version
0.73 from 0.84 is that 0.73 won't complain about Unix domain sockets (in
short supply on this machine).
HTH,
David