RE: OpenSSH_3.9p1 and Could not load host key

At 05:08 PM 3/29/2005, you wrote:
>My problem:
>
>When I opened an ssh session from an OpenBSD or Linux box to
>my XP system I got the following
>
>$ ssh whoops.thoughts.thinkage.ca
>Last login: Mon Mar 28 11:15:25 2005 from mail.thinkage.ca
>Fanfare!!!
>You are successfully logged in to this server!!!
>bash.exe: warning: could not find /tmp, please create!
>-bash: /etc/profile: Permission denied
>-bash: /pjf/.bash_profile: Permission denied
>-bash-2.05b$ exit
>logout
>-bash: /pjf/.bash_logout: Permission denied
>Connection to whoops.thoughts.thinkage.ca closed.
>
>While it was in this mode. Bash could only execute some
>of its build in commands (i.e. echo and set). Bash could
>not access the file system at all.
>A "cd" would fail for example. No external commands
>could be started at all.

Ah, I see.  I thought you were originally having problems getting logged in
and staying logged in via ssh.  I didn't realize that you typed the "exit"
above.

>The good news, is the changes that you had me make
>in the cygwin environment did fix the problem.
>I can now successful ssh into my windows system
>and execute commands.

DO you know which of my suggested changes helped?  Just curious.

>Thank you very much!

You're welcome.  Glad things are working for you now.

Holliston, MA 01746