RE: Can cygwin create a ramdisk which is a cygwin filesystem?

Cygwin's access to an NTFS partition is not particularly slow in general.
Some operations have to go through some contortions to make things look
Unixy, which slows them down, but those are mainly related to permissions
and such.  Unless you're actually having some sort of showstopping disk
speed problems, I'd just stick to normal NTFS partitions and not worry about
a few percentage points of speed.

--
Gary R. Van Sickle