Re: memory for large fortran arrays: problem fixed

Charles D. Russell wrote:
The following seems important enough to fortran users
> to be indexed by an appropriate subject header.

 I am reluctant to upgrade because the use of large static
 fortran arrays with cygwin/g77 seems to be a fragile issue
 and my current installation is now working (but only with
>> -mno-cygwin).

That one is *well-and-truely* fixed, solved, sorted, straightened out, banged on the head, put to bed, laid to rest, and otherwise dealt with! Really! I'm not sure if the fix was in 1.5.16 or if you'd need to use a recent snapshot,

The fix was in a post-1.5.16 snapshot, ca 29 April. See

> but the underlying problem is *completely* gone

Thanks for confirming that.

and will not be returning any time soon.

Now that's just tempting fate...

--
Mark Hadfield            "Ka puwaha te tai nei, Hoea tatou"
m.hadfield@niwa.co.nz