RE: ssl on ssmtp

I vote yes.  You aren't forced to use it, and the necessary DLLs (cygcrypto
and cygssl) will probably be needed for some other program anyway, so you
really aren't increasing download size any.

("So this is how bloat begins, with roaring applause." ;-))

> >    Secondly,  I  tried  to  compile  'ssmtp'   configured   with
> > '--enable-ssl' and the  linker  gives  me  the  following  error
> > message:
> >
> >    ssmtp.o(.text+0x1716): In function `smtp_open':
> >    /usr/src/ssmtp-2.60.9-3/ssmtp.c:1119: undefined reference to
> > `_X509_free'
> >
> >    I commented the line out and I  got  an  executable
> which  I could
> > install and run,
>
> I don't know what the right fix would be.

This one lives in libcrypto.a.  The attached configure.in and an autoconf
solve the link error for me (don't know if it actually works yet).  All I
changed was this on line 55: LIBS="$LIBS -lssl -lcrypto"

--
Gary R. Van Sickle