RE: passwd & group file problems ?

----Original Message----

  Since Roy is installing cygwin to a whole load of machines, and assuming
that they're all in the same domain, it ought to be possible to run
"mkpasswd -d >domain-passwd" and "mkgroup -d >domain-group" just once each,
bundle the two output files up along with the rest of the distribution he's
been installing, then on each new machine, after installing, you'd run a
little script like

mkpasswd -l > /etc/passwd
mkgroup -l > /etc/group
cat domain-passwd >> /etc/passwd
cat domain-group >> /etc/group

  That ought to speed up the per-machine install time quite nicely,
shouldn't it?  Or is there some reason it wouldn't work?

    cheers,
      DaveK