Re: Cygwin bail-out: cygexpat-0.dll not found

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

> If it's ok to make cygcheck depend on wget, see
> <http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2005-06/msg00726.html>.
>
> FWIW, I'd suggest using the -p (--package-find) option for this in
> cygcheck.

I've noticed that the package-grep.cgi script can somwtimes take a while
to complete, which is not surprising given that I've read that
sourceware.org tends to be overworked.  Adding a programmatic query to
this would seem to just add more work for the poor server.  Would it
make sense to dump the "tar tjf" output of all the packages to a single
static file on cygwin.com in a daily cronjob, and then just grab that
file and search locally?  Or is something similar already in place to
facilitate the "cygwin.com/packages/foo/foo-1.2.3"-type pages?

Brian