Re: bash page fault on Win98SE when running non-Cygwin programs

On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 03:55:19PM -0400, irwin@bongo.cgf.cx wrote:
>When running some non-Cygwin programs from bash (seems to be mostly a
>problem with 16-bit programs, but also some 32-bit programs), bash gets
>an invalid page fault in KERNEL32.DLL and pops up a fault dialog.

Corinna managed to narrow down the problem with 16-bit programs so there
will be a fix in the next snapshot (and eventually in 1.5.18) but
without specific information about failing 32-bit programs there will be
no fix forthcoming for that problem.  Since all of cygwin consists of
32-bit programs, this problem cannot be too prevalent.

Please try the 2005-Jun-18 snapshot when it eventually shows up at
<http://cygwin.com/snapshots/>.

In case it isn't obvious, this is a Windows 98/Me bug, not a Cygwin bug.
That hardly matters, since we still have to deal with it, but I thought
I should mention this fact in the interests of full disclosure.

cgf