Re: setup alternatives

Am Mittwoch, 22. Juni 2005 18:27 schrieb Brian Dessent:
> Jason Pyeron wrote:
>
> > static link and boot strap a core with the installer. Just like installing
> > linux from cd.
>
> Cygwin1.dll cannot be statically linked.
>
> > gosh darnit, I just want to upgrade cygwin via ssh.
>
> You can try the 'cygupdate' tools in CVS.
I haven't heard about this before.

Another script based solution could be found under
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/kde-cygwin/tools/cygsetup/.

In our company we uses this script for about one year without any major
problems (except the dll in use problem).

If wished I can provide a setup confirm package.

Ralf Habacker