Known issues with Pthreads in 1.5.18?

Hi gang!

I've been off the list for a few months, just got back on this week.

I recall seeing occasional notes about ongoing problems with pthreads
way back last winter before I got dropped off the list.

Well, I'm checking to see if a multi-threaded program I maintain at
work works on the 1.5.x cygwins. I had it working nicely 2-3 years ago
on 1.3, but haven't tried since. It runs well on several versions of
LInux and on AIX, but am having a problem on cygwin.

I can't determine yet if I've got a subtle bug (quite possible) or if
there's something whacko in cygwin. I'm hoping some of you can
enlighten me as to the state of cygwin's pthreads functions.

The program has a particular mutex that fails the SECOND time it is
unlocked. I'm at home right now so I don't have the particular error
code.

It acts like the stack is wedged, because if I put an extra variable
on the stack in the routine that calls the pthread unlock function the
problem goes away, but so far it has eluded me.

I'll keep looking for it, but thought to inquire of any known issues
in the pthreads implementation.

Thanks!

Fred