Problem regarding installation

Hi all,
I am trying to install Cygwin on my laptop running
Windows XP.
I am facing a problem redirecting my home directory to
"My Documents"
As advised in the FAQ, I edited the
C:/Cygwin/etc/passwd file to point to
/cygdrive/c/Documents and Settings/All
Users/Lalitah/My Documents.

However on firing up the shell,and doing a ls, it
shows only 'C' as a 0 Kb directory under it.
It does not show any of my other files.
However,if I navigate to 'C:/Documents and
Settings/All Users/ I am able to access Shared
Folders, Shared Music etc..

I am the only user on this computer and wish to access
my files from My Documents without having to move them
to Shared Documents. I am the administrator on this
computer as well.

Besides, another problem that I am facing is that I am
unable to figure out whether I am the administrator
for  cygwin too. Is there any way to do a su and try
and access the files from My Documents?

I would appreciate any help regarding this