Re: FW: Installation Problems with Cygwin on Windows XP

On Sun, Aug 14, 2005 at 09:33:18PM -0700, Vittal Krishnamurthy (vitkrish) wrote:
> [...]

There is no reason to include the header from a previous email message in
a subsequent email message.  It just wastes space.

>I am haveing installation problem with cygwin.  I tried and re-tried
>installing and still see the same issue.  Below is the issue:
>
>After I see the message that Cygwin installation complete, I still see
>the cygwin.bat missing in c:\cygwin.  I also tried opening up DOS "cmd"
>shell and run bash.exe.  I get the prompt "bash-3.00" but commands like
>ls etc does not work.  Cygcheck -c showed everything as OK.
>
>Pls let me know what should I do.

Just double click on the cygwin icon on your desktop if you want to run
cygwin.  You won't be able to run programs from bash unless you set your
PATH appropriately.  Double clicking on the icon does that for you
automatically.