Re: Installation Problem

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005, Tom McKenna wrote:

> Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha <at> cs.nyu.edu> writes:
> > "cygcheck -cv cygwin" should show the actual files it thinks are missing
> > from the cygwin package.
>
> This is strange - it says kill.exe is missing.  What is funny, if I
> create any file in any directory named kill.exe, it dissappears..  I
> think the server I am using might have been hacked or might be corrupted
> some how.

Heh, I certainly can't reproduce this.  Is it really *any* directory?
What is the exact message that "cygcheck -cv cygwin" produces?  What does
"zcat /etc/setup/cygwin.lst.gz | grep kill" show?  Finally, is there a
/bin/kill.exe on your system?

Does "strace" crash for you?  What does "strace cygcheck -s" produce?

Incidentally, I noticed something strange about the "cygrunsrv" invocation
in the "cygcheck -s" output -- will report the bug separately.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu