Re: readline completion

Christopher Faylor wrote:

Yes, I understood that if you are using /dev in this way that it is purely an idiosyncratic thing that doesn't necessarily make any sense
when you consider the pure UNIX sense of what /dev is supposed to be for.

i.e. the Unix purist view. Hey I understand where you're coming from but I'm not a purist.

I just wouldn't recommend this for the general cygwin populace. If we ever start doing something like udev on cygwin you're going to
have some problems.

Yes this is the risk. I understand it.

/mnt makes a little more sense for an alternate location, IMO.

Yes this is a quick alternative though I tend to thing of mounts as mounting of file systems from other machines. I guess I just think "Well of course any disk/file system that's present should be mounted already" so to me /mnt is for other, not normally mounted file systems from other machines or perhaps floppy/USB, etc.

Yes to each his own....
--
Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it. - E. B. White