cygwin 1.5.18-1: Process hangs, trying to debug, have tried snapshots

Greetings,

I've download and installed the latest snapshot, in hopes of being able
to see what's happening inside of cygwin1.dll where the process seems
to be intermittanly hanging in perl:

Here's the stack trace obtained with sysinternals process explorer:

thread 1
ntoskrnl.exe+0x618fb
ntoskrnl.exe+0xd0034
ntoskrnl.exe+0x5d814
!WaitForMultipleObjects+0x17
!regsub+0x1e4
!regsub+0x595
!aclcheck+0xf66f
!Perl_pp_system+0x109
!Perl_runops_standard+0x19
!perl_run+0x2e5
!exit+0x5c2
!dll_crt0+0xcf

thread 2
ntoskrnl.exe+0x618fb
ntoskrnl.exe+0x9255a
ntoskrnl.exe+0x8f844
ntoskrnl.exe+0x5d814
!sigemptyset+0x2cfb
!toascii+0x12ef
!toascii+0x1f04
!toascii+0x1f4a

thread 3
ntoskrnl.exe+0x618fb
ntoskrnl.exe+0x9255a
ntoskrnl.exe+0x8f844
ntoskrnl.exe+0x5d814
!cygwin_split_path+0x7bb9
!toascii+0x12ef
!toascii+0x1f04
!toascii+0x1f4a

thread 4
ntoskrnl.exe+0x618fb
ntoskrnl.exe+0xcfd0a
ntoskrnl.exe+0x5d814
!WaitForSingleObject+0xf
!toascii+0x1f04
!toascii+0x1f4a

thread 5 (which I think is created by process explorer:
ntoskrnl.exe+0x618fb
ntoskrnl.exe+0x2955a
ntoskrnl.exe+0x29d8a
ntoskrnl.exe+0xb476e
ntoskrnl.exe+0xb48a1
ntoskrnl.exe+0x14a7ae
ntoskrnl.exe+0x258d2
ntoskrnl.exe+0x28eec
ntoskrnl.exe+0x60e7b
ntoskrnl.exe+0x5d814
ntdll.dll!RtlConvertUiListToApiList+0x1e4

The symptom is the process just hangs, it doesn't always happen, although
it happens a lot more frequently with 0824, and 0823's snapshots than
with 1.5.18-1,
and sometime prior to 1.5.18-1, it didnt' happen at all.

Any help is appreciated. See attached cygcheck.

Also when I use gdb to attach to the process there are less symbols than above,
and dll-symbols cygwin1.dbg doesn't seem to improve the debug info.

Thanks,
Bill